IT Project Manager / Business Analyst
Role Summary for IT Project Manager
As a Project Manager, your prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the required Products (software applications), to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. Your role is to ensure that all IT projects progress as per schedule, to plan and budget and work by pooling resources, allocating work to employees and regularly monitoring every stage of work.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications; creates system design proposals; performs cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems; and provides orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
• Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion.
• Lead team, plan and manage workload by assigning individual responsibilities, monitoring and resolving problems
• Define requirements using techniques including interviews, document analysis, business process and workflow decomposition and analysis, use cases, modeling, mockups and prototypes
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and extract the true business needs underlying users requests
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal resources to analyze needs and build functional requirements as needed, including but not limited to: Functional & Non-Functional requirements; BRD (Business Requirements Document); Process Maps; Fit/Gap Analysis; Use Cases; Screen, Report & Interface designs; Testing & Deployment Plans
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas; communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; and prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Performs Quality Assurance (QA) testing; coordinates User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for modified and new systems, and provides post-implementation support
• Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer technology or related discipline
• Minimum of 7 years experience with business operations or systems development, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in finance or banking – preferably in the mortgage banking industry
• Expertise in Business Analysis & Business Process Reengineering concepts/methodology
• Fluency with Project Management concepts & SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starting and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent organizational & time management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
• Ability to facilitate individual decisions & group consensus
• Skill in technical planning of information technology projects.
• Ability to synthesize project information and establish the appropriate scope of a project.
• Strong technical background with web-related technologies and excellent understanding of technology areas such as database concepts & structures, SQL, query & reporting tools, HTML, web design, programming concepts, et