PLANT GENERAL MANAGER Pitesti
Position’s General Purpose
To manage the plant as an independent unit, to ensure manufacturing and distribution of the products is carried out to cost, timing and quality targets – without endangering the lives and health of the employees, the plant facilities and the environment – in agreement with the company’s policies.
Normal Functional Tasks:
• Plant management via key figures and benchmarks,
• Management of personnel employment according to economic aspects.
• Organization and control of the implementation and use of all regulations laid out by the legislator of the employer, e.g. business organization, working time organization, work safety laws, operational safety orders, accident prevention guidelines, environmental laws, work place guidelines, building regulations, technical regulations for fire prevention etc.
• To ensure corporate/segment initiatives are implemented within the plant and that progress is monitored.
• Nominating investment plans, nominating investment proposals or release of investment according to the Group Investment guidelines.
• Develop robust supply partnership, modern supply chain and materials management techniques.
• Employee satisfaction: Create positive working environment and culture to retain employee and be an employer of choice
• EHS & Quality: Ensures that all specific issues regarding EHS and quality are implemented and observed.
• Ensuring that existing programs fit to quality and cost requirements
• Coordinate and execute all audits, internal and external
• Identification of critical processes, target development and tracking.
• Create a continuous improvement culture in all levels to ensure safety, quality and productivity
• Cascading targets and strategy goals and objectives to all centers and departments
• Set up and tracking of plant annual operating plan and control of goal achievement
• Coordination of the individual centers and segments to achieve optimal business results
• Identify cost reductions potentials and check monthly achievement
• Ensure that for all employees all HR development requirements and activities are in place and gaps closed
• Management of local customer relationships and requirements.
• University degree
• Engineering field necessary
• Commercial field desirable
• Professional further education
• Management experience
• Experience in leading a production (steel structures desirable)
• Commercial experience
• Start-up/ re-engineering experience would represent an advantage
• Experience in dynamic and competitive company environment.
Job specific knowledge
• Total Quality Management
• EHS policies and procedures
• Quality guidelines and procedures
• Financial processes and requirements
• HR processes and requirements
• Communication and presentation
• Customer requirements
• Product knowledge
• Market overview and market knowledge
• Program Management.
Qualities and skills
• Action orientated, Conflict management, Creativity, Customer focus, Functional-technical skills
• Integrity and trust, Organizational agility, Planning, Strategic agility, Building effective teams
• Managerial Courage, Motivating others, Drive for results, Command skills
• Delegation, Directing others, Problem solving.