Senior PHP Developer – Support
Responsabilities as Senior PHP Developer – Support
• Application Support. Senior PHP Developers must quickly understand functional and technical requirements of multiple web-based applications, as they perform maintenance and enhancement activities. They are responsible for application deployment, release management and patching. In addition, they assist with creating, reviewing, and updating web application configuration and run documentation.
• Client Support. Senior PHP Developers interact with both internal project teams and external clients throughout Europe and North America.
• Write great code! Independently determine the best approach to solving complex business problems with technology
• Mentor more junior staff members and be a role model for best practices in technical development
• 5 – 8 years of application design & development experience
• Experience with Zend Framework, Magento or Drupal is required
• An understanding of OO design principles to support large-scale custom enterprise applications
• Experience with source code management strategies (e.g. forking, branching), and release management
• Basic knowledge of system administration and software and hardware configuration; ability to make informed recommendations to customer IT staff; ability to troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations; security; load balancing and performance
• Familiarity with databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; database software installation; database tuning
• Availability for scheduled on call
• Excellent time management and strong multi-tasking skills
• E-commerce or similar web experience is strongly preferred
• Must be fluent in English and Romanian, written and verbal communications