The candidate manages the day-to-day operations of the warehouse by effectively managing Warehouse Workers. Oversee the daily activities of the warehouse, including labor planning and scheduling and proper utilization of space and equipment and organized, clean yard/warehouse appearance. Coaches, trains and develops front line personnel to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance. Troubleshoots and resolves safety, service and other operational problems in collaborations with warehouse and administrative functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for managing to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse/yard areas.
- Planning of distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move material to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary. Develops crew leaders (family responsible) to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned crew members.
- Organizes “trucks schedule” in cooperation with logistic assistant/s and ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled.
- Analyzes the forecast provided by sales and historical sales data to create the buying plan, regulate safety stocks and recommends expedites in order to meet customer’s demand while maintaining optimum inventory levels.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with all departments to provide seamless quality customer service.
- Quality Control; Approves reception of new material by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement test. Documents quality inspections by completing reports; communicating discrepancies with specifications.
- Coaches, trains, and develops employees informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback.
- Ensures compliance with Disciplinary Guidelines and Attendance Policy.
- Ensures a culture of safety throughout the organization by following the company’s safety policies and procedures, physical security and operational metrics.
- Attends the company’s training programs and/or external training programs as required.
- Maintains periodically conference calls with IMPP Department and/or Headquarters.
- Performs other administrative and operations duties as required.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
- Performance Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
We expect your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org